Lorraine holds a Bachelor of Laws (Hons) degree and Master’s degree in Commercial Law from the Queensland University of Technology, Australia. She was admitted to the legal profession in the Supreme Court of Queensland, Australia in 2010 and subsequently in the High Court of Sabah and Sarawak (in the State of Sarawak) after completion of her pupillage at Messrs. Reddi & Co. in 2013.
Lorraine has professional experience as a lawyer in both Australia (across the states of Queensland, Victoria and Tasmania) and in Malaysia (in the state of Sarawak). At Messrs. Reddi & Co., Lorraine’s main practice is in:
- Corporate and commercial matters whereby she forms a team of corporate due diligence lawyers and prepares advisory reports on local licensing requirements;
- Banking which includes preparing loan documentation for retail financing and reviewing corporate loan and security documents for project financing;
- Real estate matters which include property conveyancing, the drafting and reviewing of sale and purchase agreements, sublease / tenancy / licence agreements and development agreements, as well as providing advisory opinions on local legislation relating to land, housing development and strata management; and
- Estate matters which include the drafting of Wills and applying for the grant of Probate / Letters of Administration.
- B (Hons) from Queensland University of Technology, Australia
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice from Queensland University of Technology, Australia
- Admitted as a Legal Practitioner in the Supreme Court of Queensland, Australia in 2010
- LL.M (Commercial Law) from Queensland University of Technology, Australia
- Admitted as an Advocate of the High Court of Sabah and Sarawak in the State of Sarawak in 2013