Sim Hui Chuang’s areas of practice include:
- Corporate matters such as shareholders’ disputes, minority actions, directors’ duties, related parties transactions, mergers, acquisitions, restructuring, schemes of arrangements, vesting of assets, corporatisation, privatisation and due diligence.
- Diverse commercial transactions such as MOUs, joint ventures, shareholders’ agreements, sale of business/shares, management/consultancy agreements, roads maintenance contracts and timber contracts
- Various matters such as dismissal of employees, defamation, securities transactions, election laws/petitions, injunctive relief, statutory powers, public law remedies, environmental laws and public utilities.
- LL.B (Hons) from University of London, England
- Called to the Bar of England and Wales 1983 at Lincoln’s Inn
- Admitted to practice in the High Court of Borneo (now called the High court of Sabah and Sarawak) in 1984
- Accredited Mediator
- Past-President of Advocates’ Association of Sarawak
- Past Secretary and Member of the Inquiry Committee (dealing with discipline of advocates)